Using our property lettings service means we will relieve you of many of the stresses of letting your student property. We do this by:
- Visiting your property to conduct a free market appraisal enabling you to see where your property fits into the market and how we can best maximise your income.
- Marketing your property across all of our channels, using conventional marketing tools, our extensive database of contacts and our strong connections with the universities and the events they are affiliated with.
- Arranging and/or conducting all viewings.
- Ensuring each tenant has a credit checked guarantor agreement in place, minimising problems with rent arrears. Our tenancy agreement is joint and several so that each individual is liable for the whole rent amount.
When we will have successful let your property, we will:
- Have signed an assured hold tenancy agreement (we have our own joint and several AST but we can use your own if desired).
- Obtain signed guarantor forms (including guarantor credit checks).
- Have signed standing order authorities (where requested).
- Collect retainers/deposits (and protect if desired, free of charge).
We will then pass all the above on to you to manage the tenancy.
We also work on a ‘no let, no fee’ basis.
We can provide additional one-off services that some landlords find useful:
- Organise and see to completion an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) – this is a legal requirement for all properties which are marketed to rent and it is valid for 10 years.
- Organise inventory reports – helps you to dissuade students from causing damage. You will be able to compare the condition of your property at the start and end of the tenancy and make any necessary damage deductions.
- Organise gas safety and/or electrical safety certificates).